Skip to main content

Military-IPOB Faceoff: Governor Fayose Calls For Dialogue

Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State

Ayodele Fayose, the governor of Ekiti State, has once again called on the federal government to handle the agitation of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, with caution and allow leaders of the Southeast region to apply political solutions as against the use of force, which has created tension in Abia State and the entire Southeast since the military embarked on its Operation Python Dance II.

In a statement e-mailed to The Trent on Saturday, September 16, 2017, by Lere Olayinka, a spokesperson for the governor, Fayose also called the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu and his followers to desist from any act capable of threatening the peaceful co-existence of Nigerians and allow dialogue to resolve their agitations.

The governor said the federal government should be reminded of how late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua handled the Niger Delta militancy with dialogue and consultations, adding that the same approach should be used to address IPOB agitations and those of others rather than military option.

The governor said; “For whatever reasons, the federal government should avoid being seen as becoming trigger happy because in every union, there will always be agitations and leaders must listen to such agitations and address them.

“I was particularly happy when Governors of the South-East states met with Nnamdi Kanu, 16 days ago and I commended the governors then and said that the federal government should allow the governors and other leaders of the region to intervene just as governors from the Northern States were allowed to peacefully address the Arewa Youths threat against Igbos living in the north.

“The federal government should therefore withdraw the military from the Southeast and encourage the peace effort of the Southeast governors so as to prevent further bloodshed and tension as being witnessed in Abia State now.”

Maintaining that Nigerians will always agitate for the restructuring of the country, Governor Fayose said; “The moment it becomes necessary for Nigerians living outside their states of origin to be assured of their safety where they reside, it should be obvious to all discerning minds that all is not well.

“For instance, here in Ekiti, we do not need to begin to assure other tribes living in the State of their safety because as a government, our actions never threatened the peaceful co-existence of Nigerians living in Ekiti State.

“Therefore, instead of trying to suppress agitations, the federal government should accede to calls for the restructuring of the country so that we can have a country that we can all call our own.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CIDIQz-ft-SIR IGBO X QFABZ -SEKEMSE

The long awaited track "SEKEMSE" by Your favorite Rapper 'CIDIQz' is out and this one he got the likes of "SIR IGBO AND QFABZ" On this one  and the song is different from the ordinary its an emotional tune that will give the satisfaction you desired its a jam as expected Download and share then  thank them later

Just In: Finally Buhari Is Dead

The baby, whose manhood was chopped off by his step mother in Niger State, Dauda Buhari, is dead. The Director General of Child’s Right Agency, Mariam Kolo, disclosed that Buhari died in Wada village in Shiroro Local Government Area of the state, after a brief malaria illness. Speaking with Punch, on Wednesday, Kolo said Buhari had “slight malaria which made his temperature to rise and he died even after he had been administered his prescribed drugs.” Kolo revealed that Buhari died at a time he was scheduled to undergo a genital transplant in the United Kingdom, UK. The DG said the sickness was not a relapse on his health, as he was doing extremely well after a series of corrective surgeries. Expressing sadness over the death of the baby who is now over a year old, Kolo said the case of the stepmother who is currently being remanded in the Old Minna Prison would be determined. Recall that Buhari’s step mother, Bara’atu Rabiu, had on June 18, 2016, cho...

Kogi mysterious disease: Death toll rise to 62

The Kogi State Government has confirmed that about 62 people have been killed by a strange disease in the Western part of the State. As at Thursday, 17th August 2017, the death toll was at 50. Speaking with DAILY POST on the latest development on Friday, the state Commissioner for Health Dr Saka Haruna said information reaching the ministry shows that unknown disease has continued to claim the lives of some children and adults for the past few weeks in Koloke, Okuna, Isanlu-Isa and adjourning Hausa-Fulani communities, all in Yaba-West Local Government Area of Kogi State. “So far, about 62 people have been killed by this mysterious disease. When I visited the affected communities with my team, samples taken from some of the victims were sent to Federal Teaching Hospital Irua, Edo State, for definitive investigation, which turned out to be negative for Lassa Fever. “On arrival at the community, we interacted with the locals and samples were taken from their water sources a...